It’s more progress toward the I-69 Finish Line. Preparations begin this week to improve the first I-69 mainline bridge in Johnson County. Each weeknight from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., weather permitting, paving crews expect to close one lane of State Road 37 between S.R. 144 and Fairview Road.
The crews will be installing temporary pavement and concrete barriers to shift traffic near the northbound bridge over Honey Creek, just north of Smith Valley Road. This bridge will be widened and rehabilitated this year for the first phase of I-69 construction in Johnson County.
Drivers are urged to reduce their speed to 45 mph and stay alert for changing traffic patterns. April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month, and police will be enforcing Indiana’s hands-free driving law in work zones.
- Southview Drive is expected to close today for realignment and drainage structure installation west of Mahalasville Road. Traffic can access businesses and homes along Southview Drive, including the Williamsburg Apartments, from Burton Lane. Click here to view a detour map.
- Drivers should stay alert at the north end of the S.R. 37 closure in Martinsville. The turning movement was changed Friday for SR 37 traffic entering and exiting Morgan Street.
- Installation of a large drainage structure this week will require flaggers to control Henderson Ford Road traffic northwest of S.R. 37.
- Watch for an upcoming S.R. 252 traffic shift near Cramertown Loop. The temporary signal has been modified, and crews are adding temporary pavement. The traffic shift will allow construction to begin for a new roundabout to replace the traffic signal.
- Stones Crossing Road is expected to close today west of S.R. 37. Future Stones Crossing Road access to S.R. 37 will follow frontage roads to nearby interchanges.
- Powerline installation began last week along County Road 144 east of S.R. 37. Expect short daytime delays to continue this week as flaggers direct traffic around the utility crews.
- Watch for lane closures and flaggers for waterline installation near the intersection of Old S.R. 37 and Huggin Hollow Road north of S.R. 144.
- Preparations continue for future construction along S.R. 37 and I-465 on the southwest side of Indianapolis. Crews are drilling into the soil, installing new utility lines and completing other preconstruction activities as weather permits.
- As work is scheduled in specific locations, watch for updates on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
Reminder: The project office is closed temporarily, but you can call or email with any questions, 855-INDOT-4U and INDOT@indot.in.gov.
About I-69 Finish Line
I-69 Finish Line is the sixth and final section of the Interstate 69 connection between Evansville and Indianapolis. The project will upgrade the existing State Road 37 to interstate standards between Martinsville and Indianapolis.Governor Eric Holcomb’s Next Level Connections program fully funded project and accelerated construction by three years. I-69 Finish Line is expected to open to traffic in late 2024, improving safety and reducing travel time.
Southeast Indiana, including Johnson and Morgan counties
East Central Indiana, including Marion County