Racing fans know – a pit pass gets you closest to the action! It’s your pass to roam pit road and see what’s happening on and off the track. With construction gearing up on I-69 Finish Line, the sixth and final section of the new I-69 connection between Evansville and Indianapolis, watch for your Pit Pass access to behind-the-scenes action.
In case you missed it last week, grab your pit pass and check out photos and a short video from the recent deck pour for the new Grand Valley Boulevard overpass. Watch for your next Pit Pass coming soon!
- Sidewalks are going in! Crews poured sidewalks on the Grand Valley Blvd. overpass and road work is underway on either end, including east of Birk Road.
- A lot of activity is underway along SR 39, including pavement and widening work. Improvements to SR 39 this year will help move more traffic during the temporary closure of SR 37 next year.
- Clearing, soil preparations and drainage work continue along Twin Branch Road, Egbert Road, Henderson Ford Road, Perry Road, Waverly Road and the extensions of New Harmony Road and Morgan Street.
- Crews are done clearing large trees for the season, but some grinding and removal work continues along SR 37 and SR 39.
- Randolph Street at SR 39 is scheduled to close Wednesday for about a week. Access the CVS pharmacy from SR 39 via Garfield to Harriet to Randolph or use York (opening Tues.) to Harriet to Randolph. Directional signage will be in place.
- Pavement patching and raised median removal is scheduled at the SR 39 and Morton Avenue intersection, including a temporary closure of Harriet Drive.
- This is Distracted Driving Awareness Month. Keep yourself and our crews safe and make sure I-69 Finish Line construction is a no phone zone.
Reminder: The project office is closed temporarily, but you can call or email with any questions, 855-INDOT-4U and INDOT@indot.in.gov.
About I-69 Finish Line
I-69 Finish Line is the sixth and final section of the Interstate 69 connection between Evansville and Indianapolis. The project will upgrade the existing State Road 37 to interstate standards between Martinsville and Indianapolis.
Governor Eric Holcomb’s Next Level Connections program fully funded the $1.5 billion project and accelerated construction by three years. I-69 Finish Line is expected to open to traffic in late 2024, improving safety and reducing travel time.