The fire station at the corner of State Road 37 and Smith Valley Road was part of the land needed to build a future I-69 interchange at this location. The White River Township Fire Department saw it as an opportunity to respond to the community’s growth and to plan for the future.
A year after Fire Station 53 relocated to its new home on Morgantown Road, we caught up with Chief Jeremy Pell. He says the station’s new amenities and location allow firefighters to better serve White River Township residents and respond to the future interstate. Click here to hear from Chief Pell and see video of the new fire station.
- When the calendar changes from 2020 to 2021, road construction in Martinsville and Morgan County will change too. The focus will move from local street improvements and access roads to building the new I-69 lanes and interchanges. Watch this short video to hear about the progress made in Martinsville this year.
- Although it is open to traffic, continue to watch for workers and intermittent lane closures on S.R. 39 and Morton Avenue as construction in Martinsville is ongoing.
- New connections for Green Township roads opened late last week in Morgan County. An access road now connects New Harmony Road at Cragen Road with Centennial Road at Egbert Road. Click here to see a map.
- This access road has the right of way and does not stop where it meets Ennis Road near S.R. 37. Ennis Road has a two-way stop.
- In Mooresville, signal crews are installing traffic detectors in the pavement at S.R. 67 and Pleiades Drive, near TOA and Reynolds Farm Equipment.
- S.R. 37 will be closed in Martinsville for most of 2021 from S.R. 39 to Morgan Street. The closure is scheduled to begin on or after Saturday, January 2.
- The official detour for north/south state highway traffic will follow S.R. 39, S.R. 67 and S.R. 144. Several Martinsville roads will remain open across S.R. 37 for east-west local traffic access. See the Closure Maps at I69FinishLine.com/Closure.
- Watch for daytime lane closures on S.R. 37 north of Martinsville from Morgan Street to S.R. 144, particularly in the northbound lanes. Crews are clearing trees ahead of 2021 construction.
- Preparations for construction in Marion County continue to gear up. The I-465 shoulders may be closed on or after Thursday near S.R. 67/Kentucky Avenue and the Lick Creek bridge, which is between U.S. 31 and I-65.
- Have questions? Call 855-INDOT-4U or email INDOT@indot.in.gov to connect with our team. Find the latest news, information and traffic updates at I-69FinishLine.com, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Reminder: The project office is closed temporarily, but you can call or email with any questions, 855-INDOT-4U and INDOT@indot.in.gov.
About I-69 Finish Line
I-69 Finish Line is the sixth and final section of the Interstate 69 connection between Evansville and Indianapolis. The project will upgrade the existing State Road 37 to interstate standards between Martinsville and Indianapolis.Governor Eric Holcomb’s Next Level Connections program fully funded the $1.5 billion project and accelerated construction by three years. I-69 Finish Line is expected to open to traffic in late 2024, improving safety and reducing travel time.