Drivers will encounter a couple of significant traffic changes in Martinsville over the next week or two. Traffic will be shifting on southbound State Road 37 near State Road 39 to allow crews to construct a crossover in the area, laying the temporary pavement needed to allow traffic to cross the grassy median. Early next week, traffic is expected to shift to the inside or left lane of southbound S.R. 37. The temporary traffic pattern will remain in place for several days to allow crews to complete the needed work on the new crossover.
When work is complete on the crossover, there will be another big shift in traffic in the area. Only the current northbound side of S.R. 37 will be in use, carrying one lane of traffic in each direction. The new configuration will mean width restrictions will be in place on S.R. 37 between Liberty Church Road and just north of S.R. 39.
In early June, there will be a temporary closure at S.R. 37 and Mahalasville Road. The closure is expected to start next week and is expected to last about five days. Drivers will use Burton Lane and Southview Road to access Mahalasville Road and the Grand Valley Shoppes from the west.
- Our essential crews have been hard at work and making a lot of progress on I-69 Finish Line. Drivers need to be prepared for the several traffic changes that have happened this spring. Click here to read our Progress Guide, an overview of work and key traffic information.
- Paving of Myra Lane and Old S.R. 37 south of Maple Turn Road was completed last week. Drivers now use Myra Lane for access from Maple Turn Road to S.R. 37.
- Crews started installing new electric wires near S.R. 37 and S.R. 252 last week, but more work is expected this week. Additional overnight closures are expected Tuesday and Wednesday to install wire across the roadway. The closures are expected between 12 a.m. and 6 a.m. and will last 20-30 minutes.
- Drivers continue to use temporary access at S.R. 37 and Perry Road. Beginning in early June, Perry Road access to S.R. 37 will permanently close south of Perry Lane. Crews are constructing temporary access for Lincoln Road traffic to S.R. 37 with no access to southbound Perry Road.
- In Mooresville, this should be the last week of lane closures on S.R. 67 near Crosby Drive. Crews will complete paving, earthwork and striping for a new turn lane at this location. This will help move traffic during the temporary closure of S.R. 37 in 2021.
- Additional daytime closures are expected at Hacker Driver at S.R. 39 for waterline work. Traffic will be routed to McDaniel Road and Robin Run.
- Harriet Street remains closed at Morton Avenue. Traffic is using Dickson Avenue and Cherry Street to access Morton Avenue.
Reminder: The project office is closed temporarily, but you can call or email with any questions, 855-INDOT-4U and INDOT@indot.in.gov.
About I-69 Finish Line
I-69 Finish Line is the sixth and final section of the Interstate 69 connection between Evansville and Indianapolis. The project will upgrade the existing State Road 37 to interstate standards between Martinsville and Indianapolis.
Governor Eric Holcomb’s Next Level Connections program fully funded the $1.5 billion project and accelerated construction by three years. I-69 Finish Line is expected to open to traffic in late 2024, improving safety and reducing travel time.